PROFESSIONAL BIKE FITTING
At Conte's Bike Shop our certified and professional fitters are here to ensure every ride is a great ride by optimizing your comfort while maximizing your efficiency. In basic terms, professional bike fitting takes your body measurements and motions and matches them to your bike via adjustments in positioning, accessories, gear, and other elements. Designed for entry level and casual riders as well as elite and professional riders, and all riders in between, Conte's offers three main methods of fit: BikeFIT™, RETÜL™, and GURU™. Below is information about each, the locations where they are available, and the different packages offered.
THE CONTE’S QUICK FIT
- If you purchase a new bike from us, we will provide you a FREE Conte’s Quick Fit. This involves a quick confirmation that the stack, saddle height, reach & size are comfortable for you. This involves very minor (if any) adjustments. If you want (or need) additional fitting or if your bike fit involves more, then we may recommend The Conte’s Basic Fit, or our Pro Fit, or our Aero Tri/TT Fit below.
- With Conte’s Bike Purchase - FREE
THE CONTE’S BASIC FIT
- Evaluation for foot-pedal interface with an adjustment of cleat position, leg angle and seat post height, saddle position and neutral hand position on handlebars and bar angle assessment. A goal is to attain an ergonomically appropriate position on your bike relative to your goals and limitations (if any). Included is an interview of your history & goals, and a functional strength assessment of your current physical condition & foot evaluation.
- FREE with Conte’s Bike Purchase of $2,500+
- $65 with Platform Pedals - SCHEDULE NOW
- $125 with Clipless Pedals - SCHEDULE NOW
THE CONTE’S PRO FIT
- We use 3D motion capture & 2D evaluation for foot-pedal interface with fore/aft cleat position, medial/lateral cleat position, cleat wedging, cleat rotation, leg angle and seat post height, saddle rail position and angle in relation to reach with proper upper torso angles, neutral hand position on handlebars, and stem length and bar angle assessment. Included is a detailed interview of your history & goals, and a functional strength assessment of your current physical condition & foot evaluation. This bike fit service includes 60 days of free follow-up.
- $275 - SCHEDULE NOW
THE CONTE’S AERO TRI/TT FIT
- Approximately 3-4 hour fit time using 3D motion capture & 2D evaluation for foot-pedal interface with fore/aft cleat position, medial/lateral cleat position, cleat wedging, cleat rotation, leg angle and seat post height, saddle rail position and angle in relation to reach with proper upper torso angles and pelvic tilt while in a fast forward aero position in clip-on/full aerobar kit, neutral hand position in aerobar kit for bar end shape, and stem length/stack height and bar angle assessment. Included is a detailed interview of your history & goals, and a functional strength assessment of your current physical condition & foot evaluation. This bike fit service includes 60 days of free follow-up.
- $350 - SCHEDULE NOW
- $20 (if you do not purchase a new bike from us)
- FREE (if you are a fitting customer of ours)
THE CONTE’S REVIEW FIT
- After 60 days of free follow-up, clients are offered a Review Fit for the remainder of the year, if additional adjustment is needed. A Review Fit could be considered for regular annual maintenance of your position (i.e., to keep things current), or when there is a +/- change in training volume, or weight loss / gain, or there has been physical injury, or used for part changes and recommendations. A Review Fit is only available to clients who have already been through a Conte’s Pro Fit or Aero Tri-TT Fit at our studio. At the expiration of 1 year from your Pro Fit or Aero Tri-TT Fit at our studio, full fitting rates then apply.
- $175 - SCHEDULE NOW
THE CONTE’S TRANSFER FIT
- Setting up an additional bike(s) to the Fit coordinates of the most current position. This service is only available to our clients who have already been through a Conte’s Pro Fit or Aero Tri-TT Fit at our studio, and is available for the same type of bike (e.g., road bike -to-road bike, mountain bike -to-mountain bike, etc.)
- $100 per bike - SCHEDULE NOW
THE CONTE’S DUAL BIKE FIT
- This Fit service is available when you would like 2 fittings done consecutively on the same day. For example, road and triathlon fittings done back-to-back on the same day. Please schedule an extra approximately 2 hours for the additional bike.
- $150 - SCHEDULE NOW
BIKE FITTING SYSTEMS
GURU Fit System™
Conte’s Bike Shop offers the GURU Fit System™ at our Virginia Beach location. Our three certified GURU F.I.S.T. fitters can help cyclists of all ages and abilities find the perfect bike and the perfect riding position using the “World’s Most Advanced Fit System.” GURU utilizes one consistent fit methodology (F.I.S.T. fit protocol) paired to our Dynamic Fit Unit (our completely computerized automated fit bike) providing "on the fly" adjustments which you can feel instantly. The DFU is outfitted with state of the art software delivering tailored results for road, mountain, cyclocross, triathlon and recreational riding allowing you to "toggle" back and forth between different riding positions. GURU is the only system that allows you to optimize your riding position on numerous stock bikes in our Virtual Warehouse (Bike Finder module) and real time motion capture analysis and Virtual Ride (Optimization module).
Conte’s Bike Shop offers BikeFit™ at our Fort Lauderdale and E. Boca locations. BikeFit is the second oldest bike fitting system in the world. The BikeFit philosophy is that pain-free performance starts at the pedal. Your feet and legs are your engine. When they are out of alignment, pain and fatigue can erode power and enjoyment. Our certified BikeFIT professional utilizes 2D and 3D motion capture and focuses on how to optimize comfort, maximize efficiency and prevent injury with an emphasis on foot position and leg angle.
Conte’s Bike Shop offers Retül™ at our Falls Church, Arlington, and Alexandria locations. This data-driven system takes your measurements and utilizing 2D and 3D motion capture data and uses that to match you to the correct frame and accessory sizes. It also identifies trouble spots in your riding geometry and suggests fit adjustments to ease discomfort and increase efficiency.
Retül 3D Motion Capture technology simultaneously measures three planes of movement on the rider while pedaling. Retül averages the rider's body movement to provide a comprehensive data set reflecting the rider's position providing our certified bike fit expert the data to evaluate changes to a rider's position.